- Reworked and resubmitted the essay that was rejected so quickly last week. This time, no response yet. I’m hoping the editor isn’t on vacation.
- Almost finished with the essay that’s due on or before 8/15/09. I will make this deadline, thanks to e-mail. This essay began with one idea that led to another that led to the idea the essay ended up being about. Interesting how that works.
- Joined Facebook. I’m also on LinkedIn for professional networking. I’m hoping to build interest for my writing with Facebook (and connect with people like a long-lost cousin who found me there this week).
- Nothing new with the medical coder jobs I’ve applied to. One was through a recruiter, another through a temp agency, and the third directly to a clinic. What I continue to hear in the coding world in this market is that being certified is crucial to landing a job, even if it’s at the apprentice level. I’ve assembled study guides to prepare for the certification exam, and I continue to practice coding.
- I found an open job at a local publishing company and sent them my resume. I would love to work for a publishing company and this one publishes non-fiction.
- I continue to slog over the job postings for new possibilities and opportunities….